Monday, February 6, 2012

Black Fly Challenge


Because this winter… at least in the Southern ADK’s is really starting to … frustrate the desire to ski… so my thoughts and motivation have remained circular… looking forward to June 9th and …
The Black Fly Challenge.. so far I have recruited five associates to compete... three (including myself and lovely 'RiverMongoose' have registered. 

Work has wrapped up early on my bike modifications and I'm just about ready to start training.... still somewhat in the research phase...
32X18
I bought my Kona Unit SingleSpeed 29'r August 2011... What a great bike... ONE gear... simplicity. Pure riding. My last Single Speed was in the late '60s ... not by choice ... it was what it was. Pure fun- freedom, being happy with what you had because it's what you had... not what you wanted. There just weren't choices, nothing wrong with that...
I rode the Kona as a SS right into mid January 2012. Building trails in the morning and riding in the afternoon. But then the BFC.... hmmm.... 40 miles, point to point 'MTB' race over the Moose River Plains. Not much single track, mostly road, paved and dirt. To be 'competitive' I started to think... and rationalized that it'll be temporary... really, I'll swap it back to single speed on June 12th, 2012.
1X9


No comments:

Post a Comment